Thursday, April 12, 2007

Trianna Learns How to Bike



There are certain magical times in a child's life that makes a parent feel so good to have witnessed. This is one of them and I'm even more grateful to have my camera ready to record it. This is a true Kodak moment! Although taken with my Sony... ha ha ha...

Trianna has been trying to learn how to bike for many months now. Of course she's not really known to be very diligent in practicing. Elena and Liza have been trying to teach her by running along side of her and holding the seat of her bike now and then. Now I realize that what she needed was a pro like me (ehem) to teach her. He he he.

I made her try it at the nice smooth basketball court of our village. I held on to her shoulder loosely, often times just pushing her a bit when she got off balance. I taught her that the balance was actually achieved by moving her handle bars a bit toward the direction that she was beginning to fall. In minutes she finally had that "aha!" moment.

I'm not sure who had the widest smile, the student or the proud teacher. Of course she had a few inevitable falls. But she obviously learned from them.

No comments: